Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rifle, CO

We arrived at Rifle mid-day Monday and got started on limestone climbing right away - this place is POLISHED. Awesome long climbs. Our friend Brent from Atlanta just got here today and brought us energy bars (thanks Karen and Bob-O!)

Look who we ran into, our CT friends Eric and Mary Kate!

Eric wanted us to take this picture for you Christine, but he needed a little help.


Eric and Mary Kate will be here all week too. So far the climbs here are hard for us but we're still getting used to this style of climbing. Today we took the afternoon off and did a little hiking to Rifle Falls. Here is Jeff's best tourist impression in front of the falls.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome adventures Suzanna! Thought we had nice waterfalls in Suriname!
    I miss my gossip-girl you know ... and I can see that you 'totally' miss talking to me too! (yeah right:)
    Do you have any idea how many people want to be in your shoes right now? Think about it when you're hanging from the rocks! This is the LIFE! Enjoy and keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous... Jealous again! -Black Crowes

    It looks like you guys are having an awesome time! Go on site a 5.15b!

    I'm out.

    -Leebow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the tourist pose- where are the "roughting it" poses of your camping? and you cooking on the open fire?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That so awesome you guys met up with Eric and Mary Kate! I miss you guys so much! Also, super jealous that you are traveling around the country climbing...one day...one day. Great job with the blog, I love reading it and living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete