Thursday, June 11, 2009
Datil, New Mexico
Well, I tried my best to have Suzanna write most of the blog posts, but she is making me write this one. You are now getting a blog written fireside in Datil, New Mexico. We have spent the last couple of days hanging out with Lieutenant Steph, Suzanna's sister. Started by going into Sante Fe to enjoy some good weather and good food. We went down to the Plaza with some really nice art to walk around and see and some beers to drink. Then went back to the Sayre's house that is on a golf course, so we shot a few holes. Suzanna shot a par on one of the par 3's...I tried to capture it on camera, but this one doesnt do it justice. I very much appreciate the stay in Santa Fe...thanks Ralph and Kristie! Today we went down to the National Guard HQ to pickup some uniform supplies for Steph, and Suzanna and I ended up getting a couple of badass Army hats...mine is better. We made it over to Enchanted Towers for a few climbs today. It is pretty high in altitude, so it was chilly during the day and now it is getting downright cold. We setup camp, Steph made some tasty chili, we have a fire and some beers...today was a good day. Here are some pics for your enjoyment.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, I think the suit is kind of cute - one size fits all!!
ReplyDeleteThat camoulfage looks good enough for deer hunting in Alabama!!
ReplyDeleteAnd the golf shot made my day- keep up the good photography.
Par three! impressive! Maybe this comment will actually show up this time.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys are having lots of fun! Keep the pictures coming!